boot knoppix with the cheat code:
knoppix dma
and if necessary enable DMA by hand:
hdparm -A 1 -c 1 -d 1 /dev/hda
hdparm -c 1 -d 1 /dev/hdc
How do I turn on dma transfer for ide dvd-rom?
My films play slow. Transfer from dvd-rom (hdparm testing) is 3 times slower then from old hdd.
Vob files from hdd (I copied them from dvd to hdd for testing) play well.
boot knoppix with the cheat code:
knoppix dma
and if necessary enable DMA by hand:
hdparm -A 1 -c 1 -d 1 /dev/hda
hdparm -c 1 -d 1 /dev/hdc
My distro is Linux-EduCD (http://www.simp-st.pl/mos/). It is polish disto for education. EduCD 0.4.1 bases on Knoppix 3.6.
I boot it up from CD, configure and put it on hdd. The second boot is from hdd.
If I boot Knoppix with chaet code: knoppix dma, install it on hdd and restart dma will be set for all my disks after rebooting?
I have:
primary master hdd 2,5 GB (system)
primary slave hdd 1 GB (swap)
secondary master cd-rom
secondary slave dvd-rom
All disks are plug on ide.
How can I set it up by hand? For all disks?
Kind regards from Poland.
Pozdrawiam z Polski.
My English!!! - Sorry

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module
$25.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99