Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Removing Desktop Drive Icons / Saving Changes

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2

    Removing Desktop Drive Icons / Saving Changes

    Hi. Total newbie here.

    I have Knoppix 4.0 on DVD. All is well. Have created Persistent Home Directory on USB Key.

    When the system boots up I have icons on the desktop for all of my drives and partitions. Since I am only going to be using the USB (and possibly an external HD), is there any way to get rid of the desktop icons for the drives I do not need to see? I have sent them to the Trash, but each time I reboot they are back. I want to be able to reboot and have only the icons I need on the desktop.

    Also, I renamed one of the icons (sdf1) to "USB Key". When the system reboots, it comes back as the original (German) name. Is there any way to save the name change?

    Also (while we're at it), does anyone know why I have two Trash icons? Can I get rid of one of them?

    Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    chmod 0 /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons

Similar Threads

  1. Desktop hard drive icons?
    By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:09 PM
  2. desktop full of hard drive icons
    By Lion in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 10:45 PM
  3. Remove drive icons on desktop
    By GuyLeDouche in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:42 PM
  4. Removing Desktop Icons?
    By richardljohnson in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 10:44 PM
  5. Desktop drive icons
    By Tortoise in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 01:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99