-
System freezes when starting Gnome
I've got a problem. I rebooted my system, and it has never re-booted fully. The last line on the screen is:
Starting GNOME Display Manager: gdm
it has been on that line, with the cursor blinking for about an hour now. I have no idea what to do. I've got KnoppMyth R5A16
UPDATE:
Okay -- I am able to get into the system using SSH from another computer -- but every command takes about 5 minutes to execute. The monitor on the frozen/slow system STILL remains on the line I noted above. Any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By MikeAA in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2006, 01:44 PM
-
By Jamesc359 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-07-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By paradigm_shift in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:09 AM
-
By sleepingmonk in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 11:02 PM
-
By kriko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00