-
rsync to download Knoppix-4.0 DVD?
I have found numerous instances of mirrors with the full 3.1 GB EN download of Knoppix-4.0, but the HTTP and FTP downloads have all failed somewhere around 2.0 GB. I have read that many HTTP/FTP servers won't deal with files of more than 2 GB - hence the proliferation of sites that offer the full iso split into multiple files. Before I go that route, I keep seeing rsync as a possibility, and but I have never used this. It *is* installed on my SuSE 9.3 - I just don't know how to use it. After reading the man page and various on line references, I still can't make it do anything useful. Feeling like I have fulfilled my obligation to RTFM before posting, I am now posting!
Could someone post back the EXACT syntax of the command required to use rsync to download the full iso from any of the numerous mirrors that have it? Speak slowly and as if to a small child!
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By jefro in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2008, 11:48 PM
-
By andy1027 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
-
By saravanan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 05:42 AM
-
By DodgeV83 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00