-
No sound & No internet Live DVD
Hi,
I am trying to run the "KNOPPIX_V4.0DVD-2005-08-16-EN.iso". Looks really nice. knoppix 3.7 was the first Linux distro I installed, and I really liked it. I've been running Simply Mepis for awhile now and I like it too but it has been a little buggy lately when it comes to updates, upgrades. anyway. I'm wanting to go back to knoppix but I'm having a problem with the live dvd. Two problems sound and internet. I'm writting this on the 3.8 live cd with no problems sound works too that was what I liked about knoppix. I don't know maybe the burn was bad. I'm familiar with md5sum for the cd's. Will k3b check in the same way on dvd's. I saw nothing to download in my travels to compare to an md5sum for the dvd. anyway when It is booting the sound starts and gets stuck initiating/ initiating/ initiating/ initiating etc. Never Stops. Never thought that voice could be agravating. I have 2 snd cards and 2 ethernet cards in my machine. My attempts at configuring both met with nada, nothing. thought maybe someone might have had the same problem or just have some ideas.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By fwheeler_1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By Iost in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:24 PM
-
By crazyhorse333 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00