-
What Version Is The DVD?
Can someone please clear something up for me? What version is the DVD? Is it 4.0 or 4.01? The splashscreens and in other places say it's 4.0, On Konqueror it says 4.01 I downloaded the English version from Kernel.Org (California, USA) Thanks
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: What Version Is The DVD?

Originally Posted by
6Fingers
Can someone please clear something up for me? What version is the DVD? Is it 4.0 or 4.01? The splashscreens and in other places say it's 4.0, On Konqueror it says 4.01 I downloaded the English version from Kernel.Org (California, USA) Thanks
The German DVD that was distributed at Linux-TAG is 4.0. The BitTorrent tracker is calling the newer English and German 3.09 gig ISO's 4.0 as well, but they are really 4.0.1 (Klaus calls them 4.0.1, and that settles it for me). They do indeed display 4.0 on some of the artwork.
Klause has announced that there will be a fix for the bugs in 4.0.1 and that the frixed Knoppix will be called 4.0.2. I wouldn't be surprised if the artwork still showed 4.0 (actually I would be surprised if it changed).
Of course, these are all for the DVD version. The CD version is not released yet. It was to be 4.0.1, but I expect it will be 4.0.2 as well.
This is actually better than some of the older systems. I have several different versions of Knoppix 3.1, with different things on the CD! The only thing that distinguished them was the date on the ISO file, they were all version 3.1 as far as they were labeled. So adding the minor revision number is a nice touch, but I expect thet 4.0.2 will still be called 4.0 for short.
Similar Threads
-
By saman0suke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:25 AM
-
By freeballer in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:51 PM
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
-
By cybergal in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:55 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$799.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00