-
USB detection
I am using a BAFO BF-810 USB to serial converter. The problem is, it is not detected on bootup. It works fine if I unplug it and plug it back in again. However, I am using the computer remotely, so I can't be there to plug it in every time. How can I make this device be detected at startup?
I am using Knoppix 3.9, and I have found that I can load the correct driver in a startup script:
Code:
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko
But I don't know how to tell Knoppix to scan for the new device after loading this driver. It still won't recognize it until I replug the device.
Thanks in advance!!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: USB detection

Originally Posted by
g6con
But I don't know how to tell Knoppix to scan for the new device after loading this driver. It still won't recognize it until I replug the device.
Skimming through the man pages makes me thing that "hotplug" may be what you are looking for. In particular, try hotplug-knoppix.
Another command that may be worth a shot is "hwsetup -p".
Let us know if those work.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
-
I found that I also had to insmod a driver called pl2303.ko. That got it to work.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By adityaj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By jcostello in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2004, 01:33 AM
-
By staverts in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 06:48 AM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$48.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$59.99