-
Cannot mount LVM in Knoppix 4.0?
I am trying to remaster Knoppix 4.0 down to a CD. The problem I am having is mounting the filesystem that I want to copy to. Its a LVM, ext3 in FC3. Everytime I mount it it says:
root@1[~]# mount -t ext3 -o rw /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda3,
missing codepage or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so
Now if I run e2fsck:
root@1[~]# e2fsck -p /UNIONFS/dev/hda3
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /UNIONFS/dev/hda3
/UNIONFS/dev/hda3:
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
I try with the following command e2fsck -b 8193 /UNIONFS/dev/hda3 and get the exact same results.
I know the filesystem is good since this is my main linux machine and FC# boots, reads, writes to it with no issues.
Can anyone help?
Similar Threads
-
By finferflu in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-11-2006, 05:58 PM
-
By markpelletier in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
-
By johann_p in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
-
By plener in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
-
By bennettg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital CompacTape II Tape Cartridge TK-52 TK-70
$29.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00