Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cannot mount LVM in Knoppix 4.0?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    32

    Cannot mount LVM in Knoppix 4.0?

    I am trying to remaster Knoppix 4.0 down to a CD. The problem I am having is mounting the filesystem that I want to copy to. Its a LVM, ext3 in FC3. Everytime I mount it it says:

    root@1[~]# mount -t ext3 -o rw /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda3,
    missing codepage or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so

    Now if I run e2fsck:

    root@1[~]# e2fsck -p /UNIONFS/dev/hda3
    e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /UNIONFS/dev/hda3
    /UNIONFS/dev/hda3:
    The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
    filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock
    is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

    I try with the following command e2fsck -b 8193 /UNIONFS/dev/hda3 and get the exact same results.

    I know the filesystem is good since this is my main linux machine and FC# boots, reads, writes to it with no issues.


    Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    32
    No love?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10
    looks like... I have the same problem over here: Tried the HOWTO of version 3.8.1, but did not help. Seems that knoppix does not have the LVM-tools (vgscan etc) installed......

    What do the experts say??

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    There is no LVM in Knoppix, but here is an LVM2-Howto which tells how you can install LVM2:

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/LVM2

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10
    Good point, thanks.

    I wonder why LVM is not in by default - it is neither new nor unreliable.......

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.0 - cannot mount cdrom
    By finferflu in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 05:58 PM
  2. nfs mount: mount: RPC: Program not registered
    By markpelletier in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
  3. How can I mount the Knoppix iso?
    By johann_p in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
  4. mount drives knoppix 3.4
    By plener in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
  5. Can't mount USB drive in knoppix
    By bennettg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$729.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00