-
Can't get minicom working on Thinkpad A30 as serial console
Hi all,
I want to use an IBM Thinkpad A30 as a console terminal for other UNIX servers. For that, I have a KNOPPIX 3.6 bootable CD.
After connecting the A30 by serial cable to an AIX machine and booting from CD, I can't get a login session.
I'm trying it with minicom, no login appears from the connected UNIX.
The serial port on the AIX node is enabled for logins and set to 19200, 8N1, XON/XOFF.
When I start Windows on the A30 and use Hyperterminal, it works as expected, I can connect (through COM1) an login to the UNIX machine without troubles. So the setup on the AIX side seems to be ok.
On the KNOPPIX side, I'm not really sure, if the serial port is really enabled with KNOPPIX 3.6 from CD boot.
"dmesg |grep tty" doesn't show anything.
As I can see in /dev, KNOPPIX has generated tty devices. But I'm not sure which to select for the communication over the COM1 port of the A30 (ttyS0, tty1, psaux, console, ......).
Any tips?
Thanks and Regards
Martin
Similar Threads
-
By maxim9 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
-
By jimmi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
-
By wt8e7 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-30-2006, 08:52 AM
-
By Jordi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2005, 11:59 AM
-
By adammorley in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00