Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Change mouse pointer in KNOPPIX 3.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12

    Change mouse pointer in KNOPPIX 3.2

    How can I make the mouse pointer in KNOPPIX 3.2 look like the one on KNOPPIX 3.1 (a big arrow..)?! I find it very hard to trace on my old laptop's screen!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    15
    Start/Setting/ControlCenter/Mouse/General...

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12
    Already done that... doesn't work...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3

    This should work (changing mouse cursor)

    Hi,

    # update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme
    choose core.theme

    and restart x-server

    --Kester.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12
    I think that's it! But something's wrong...

    # update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme
    > No alternatives for x-cursor-theme


    Doesn't work!

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10

    Change mouse pointer in KNOPPIX 3.2

    I also am very frustrated by the size and color of the mouse. I am using a Toshiba laptop. Worked fine on 3.1. Changing the settings on Control Center/Perpherals/Mouse/General relults in no change.

    Can someone please help with this problem. I am tempted to go back to 3.1 .

    gfrick

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12
    Well.. I've found a solution! I've changed not only the cursor size... but the WHOLE cursor

    http://www.kde-look.org/

    Look under "X11 Mouse Themes"

    PX.

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10

    RE Change mouse pointer in KNOPPIX 3.2

    Thank you very much for the info that set me on the right path. While I did not install any of the WW.kde-look.org X11 mouse themes, reading the installayion instructions gave me the info I needed.
    .
    I changed /usr/lib/X11/icons/default/index.theme
    from Inherits=whitelass
    to Inherists=redglass

    While the cursor is the same size, now I can see it against a light background..

    gfrick

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    106
    I use the Flat White Mouse with Shadow X11 Mouse Theme from kde-look.org. It looks good and is easy to see on my laptop screen. To get the mouse pointer to change on the desktop as well, you may need to move your KNOPPIX.desktop file to another folder so Knoppix will make a fresh one on reboot.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Yup, kde-look.org is the ticket. You have to make a ~/.icons directory and put it in /etc/skel. You also have to edit the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession script and make it be copied over along with the rest of the user knoppix's profile.

    I used the silver Xcursors in my remaster, Overclockix.

Similar Threads

  1. Mouse Pointer Theme ?
    By efi360 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 10:38 PM
  2. Knoppix - mouse pointer
    By PR_J in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 01:43 AM
  3. Very strange Desktops and mouse pointer
    By Dooley in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 02:17 PM
  4. N00B: Mouse pointer help.
    By VenomX in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 09:32 AM
  5. How can I change the mouse pointer?!
    By PsycoX in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W picture

Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W

$200.00



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$239.00



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99