-
"You passed an undefined mode number"
First of all I'll clarify that I'm dumb when it comes to this. I am basically trying to boot to a knoppix cd with my usb plugged so that I can copy some documents off of a computer before I blow it out and reload the OS.
This system is a Compaq (1st problem) PIII866 with Windows 2000 (2nd problem).
I've looked all over at the documentation and forum for an answer to my question and have tried a couple of things but don't really know what I'm doing. I need some layman explaination, sorry
I boot and get the "You passed an undefined mode number" I have tried to let it find what it's looking for automatically and I have also hit return at which time it gives me a list. I tried all the numbered options in the list and none result in the screen I'm looking for (interface).
I did try "boot: knoppix vga=0 debug -b 3" and got through stage 1, 2, and it started 3 and ended at
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
root@tty1[/]#
It still didn't help me and I'm not sure what that all meant. But like I said, this is all Greek to me
I boot up and it looks like it gets to "Starting X11" after this point the screen looks like it needs a horizontal hold adjustment and I never get to the interface or if it is there I can't see it.
I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By ajpugliese in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2009, 06:58 PM
-
By Taffy Apple in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
-
By sunpascal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 28
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 03:30 PM
-
By Mustang64 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 05:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00