-
saturating the NIC card
Hi,
I am building my own test tool using Knoppix and have created a custome config for a dual NIC card machine. I need a tool that can saturate the NIC card as much as possible. I.e., given a bandwidth of 100M, I like to be able to come as close as possible to 70M or so, as possible. I have tried some of the common file transfer techniques like ftp and nc and some not so common ones, but the nest that I can get out of a 100M NIC card is about 7M. This is back-to-back with no hub or switch. It is as if there is a throttling effect on the various protocols that does not let it go over certain threshold.
I was wondering if anyone over here had any ideas of what could be wrong or if you knew of a tool that could help me generate more traffic. Thanks in advance for your help.
k1
Similar Threads
-
By Matthew87 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2006, 02:29 AM
-
By supermal in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99