Hello,Originally Posted by pizzathief
Which version of knoppix are you using as a base ?
I would be happy to try it. How should I proceed to download it ?
Nice Job. Best Regards, Gilles
I've just managed to make a knoppix dvd iso that holds the entire current database of wikipedia. mediawiki is on there , of course (had to comment out any lines that updated , deleted or inserted any thing , due to the R/o status of the disk) , along with apache and mysql starting on boot to handle requests. And it all works fine straight from boot. Realistically Needs about 512M ram to work well , due to the 300M wikipedia DB index file.
the iso is about 2.6G , so there's enough room for more stuff on there , I'm just not sure what yet. More wikipedia language entries , photos, some of the other wiki databases.
anyone got any ideas what I should do with it?
Hello,Originally Posted by pizzathief
Which version of knoppix are you using as a base ?
I would be happy to try it. How should I proceed to download it ?
Nice Job. Best Regards, Gilles
well , I only just finished making it , I haven't uploaded it anywhere yet. And if I did , it would take ages , It takes 6 hours to upload a 700M iso image using my internet connection at the moment.
I understand. You could seed it as a bittorrent and limit your upload bandwitdth. My 2 cents, GillesOriginally Posted by pizzathief
I'm working on finding a place where I can upload the disk to , so others can have a look . No idea when It will be downloadable , so for the moment I'mm make the disk better by sticking some graphic files on it , trying to reduce the memory requirements. stuff like that.
I can host it for you, drop me a line by [email protected]

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99