-
Thanks for all of the advises ,but I'll need some time to figure it out what exactly do I need.The problem is that I knew nothing bout routers except for some theory ,cause I've never worked with one.But that certainly will be the next step in getting deeper in networking.Prices u mentioned are really low and u can't find a piece for this money except if it was produced in USSR(it should be really old).We have no rebates so far.I was in the states last summer but it was time i didn't need one.What do u suggest for home use of just 1-2 pcs.
As for the connection I have no DSL modem but a standart 'Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC'.That's why I'm not sure what to do and how is my connection really set.LAN settings are as follow: IP address and mask that are aways on.PPPoE settings are changed everytime I connect.The problem as I see it(not sure) is that I have to add the service-name and access concentrator in one or another linux file but don't know where.
Similar Threads
-
By Gusse in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
-
By cn_agxgx in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2007, 04:12 AM
-
By kuddo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2006, 07:52 AM
-
By loksipan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2006, 08:24 AM
-
By funky in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00