Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DCOP errors, Knoppix 3.8.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5

    DCOP errors, Knoppix 3.8.2

    Hi. I'm remastering from HD using nelsongs script (if you're reading this Nelson, please check your e-mail and I'm having trouble when initiating X/KDE. There are several DCOP errors and problems with permissions on /home/knoppix.

    Maybe I forgot to delete something before remastering?

    Thanks for your help. I'm desperate.

    Regards,

    Mário Lopes

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: DCOP errors, Knoppix 3.8.2

    Quote Originally Posted by mlopes
    Hi. I'm remastering from HD using nelsongs script (if you're reading this Nelson, please check your e-mail and I'm having trouble when initiating X/KDE. There are several DCOP errors and problems with permissions on /home/knoppix.
    If I have undestood it right, DCOPServer errrors has something to do with /tpm and /tpm/.ICE-unix permissions. In my own remasterings /tpm is right by default (chmod 1777 /tmp) but .ICE-unix is not. The thing to do is:
    Code:
    chmod 1777 /tpm/.ICE-unix
    chown root:root /tpm/.ICE-unix
    I have never used Nelson's script, so I can't say more of this thing.

    -tapsa-

Similar Threads

  1. DCOP server cannot start
    By metalradio9 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 02:01 AM
  2. 4.0.2 and DCOP Communications Error for Konqueror
    By sag in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 08:20 PM
  3. DCOP communications Blues
    By TEHark1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 08:40 AM
  4. DCOP communications error
    By neilsanner in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
  5. DCOP server running
    By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)

$69.95



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board  picture

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board

$345.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$40.00



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00