-
2.6.13 + unionFS
Just a friendly tip for any of you guys who like to have the bleeding edge kernel on your knoppix cd's as i do
.
If you are trying to upgrade to the 2.6.13 kernel (note I am testing 2.6.13.1 at the moment) and are having trouble with getting the unionfs module to compile then ensure you grab at least the cvs snapshot build 1719 from http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html
I've been waiting days for a little stability between the 2.6.13 kernel and unionfs and so far it is working ok.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: 2.6.13 + unionFS

Originally Posted by
firnsy
If you are trying to upgrade to the 2.6.13 kernel (note I am testing 2.6.13.1 at the moment) and are having trouble with getting the unionfs module to compile then ensure you grab at least the cvs snapshot build 1719 from
http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html
What about 2.6.12 kernel. I could compile unionfs from Apt repository without errors, see my posting "Installing new Debian kernel - what are steps to do?". So my unionfs must be OK?
Could you please help me and others by telling some basic things to take care of, how to install new kernel to a remastered Knoppix? I have installed new kernel directly with 'apt-get install linux-image-2.6.12-1-686' and then compiled some modules as ndiswrapper and cloop. I have also placed new /dev directory to minirt.gz and renamed new kernel as 'linux' and placed it in /boot/isolinux directory. What else must be done? Now I can't boot my new kernel from CD (kernel panic!).
-tapsa-
-
OK i'll see if I can throw a quick howto post on remastering with a kernel upgrade. I'll start it off small and let it evolve with some thorough testing ...
I have seen a few issues regarding kernel upgrades so I think a simple howto is in order. Give me a day or so and I'll get it started.
-
Please do it, it's a subject that needs more explaining. There is a HOWTO at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Custom_Kernel_Howto
that could serve as a starting point, but it needs more detail IMHO.
Similar Threads
-
By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
-
By noobo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
-
By Jim Tonic in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:14 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
-
By ethrandil in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY
$359.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95