Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: kernel panic vfs-HELP

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    kernel panic vfs-HELP

    I have loaded my tohd system with my remastered knoppix file (a bit big) as I wanted to test it.When i boot normally with a disc and the fromhd method I geta bad superblock (if this is a true ext2 filesystem then run e2fscketc.) error message. When i boot with Linux 2.6 it boots OK but within the boot process there is a message that says"Warning process update used the obsolete bdflush system call.Fix iniscripts?.When I boot Linux2.4 I get FAT:bogus logical sector size 5120 kernel panic vfs unable to mount root fs on 01:03 .What have I done or not done?? Which iniscripts does it mean??I have tried reading round but.....??Help I want to laugh again and feel the sun on my face!!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    kernel panic

    when installing kdissert it removed initrd,so I re-installed it. I don't really understand what it is, but from what I have read it might have something to do with my problem.Any ideas?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    kernel panic vfs-HELP

    Also read somewhere that booting with a disk doesn't work with a hard drive install on the same system as it looks formroot on that partition and that's why the bad superblock. I am going to carry on and assume this thing will work as a disk.If anyone knows otherwise please make sure I am not wasting my time.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    kernel panic

    problem seems to be with my fat partitions. anyway changed to ext3 and i don't get kernel panic but bad superblock which I can boot all be it with no hardware recognition

Similar Threads

  1. remaster kernel--Kernel Panic: VFS......
    By Trace Green in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 04:33 PM
  2. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  3. KERNEL panic.....
    By madserb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 10:58 AM
  4. kernel panic with custom kernel
    By cYmen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 10:17 AM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99