-
Connecting to the internet
I just downloaded Knoppix so I can cash in the warranty on my faulty HD and still use my computer. However, I can't connect to the internet with Knoppix.
I use DSL from SBC. My modem is a Speedstream 5360. I'm a noob to Knoppix, so I don't know what all I need to tell you. Please help. <3
-
Senior Member
registered user
Speedstream 5360 is an external Ethernet ADSL modem.
This is good. This is much better comparing to USB models (much easyer to setup).
http://www.chipweb.de/dsl/index.php?menu=2&id2=33
"Linux support: Yes"
You must configure your network card and your ADSL conection. Try to find this 2 things in K-menu and make some experiments.
-
Try to find this 2 things in K-menu and make some experiments.
What exactly is the K-Menu? And what am I trying to find? =P
Total noob here. =(
-
Senior Member
registered user
Something like Start menu in MS Windows. In the very down-left corner of the monitor. Click on it and open diferent programs to find out what is what.
-
Aww, no step-by-step?
Alright, I'll go look around... x.x
Similar Threads
-
By alok in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:07 AM
-
By HornyToad in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 09:56 PM
-
By wikid009 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 01:30 PM
-
By P.Enguin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 06:31 PM
-
By Realyze in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99