One that DOESN'T work. I have not managed to get the Logitech Quickcam Zoom to work, even with the right drivers.
drb
Iam new here with Knoppix & used to work with UBUNTU b4 & I have a question since I started working with linux & left the windows about the best webcam I can get & it can be detected by Knoppix without I need to look for drivers or compiling anything,I have already intel easy cam & ubuntu & knoppix could detect it but they just detect the name without any valus for the driver &if I tried to use gnomemeeting it say there is no vedio device ,so please I need an advice with the most suitable webcam brand that will work with knoppix without any problems.![]()
One that DOESN'T work. I have not managed to get the Logitech Quickcam Zoom to work, even with the right drivers.
drb
I wonder what's the problem with webcams with linux because I always ask anybody I know he is useing linux & always get no answer or (I didn't try it b4 or I don't have a webcam),I even sent for creative asking them to support linux with drivers for their web cams & they said they won't support linux system,The webcam is very important for me & now if I want to use the webcam I have to goto windows then after I finish I swich back to linux![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Logitech Zoom do work with Linux, mine (blue & white Logitech Zoom) work in WBEL 4 (RHEL 4 recompile) out of the box. So if it doesn't work in Knoppix, maybe the pwc module is not compiled into the kernel?

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-X6904-40G-2T 4-Port 40 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module
$299.00