-
Wireless Card not aquiring and IP Address
Hello Folks,
I'm a newbie to Linux and decided to start experiment with Knoppix. I'm running Knoppix Live off a CD(version 4.0.2) on a Dell Inspirion 1000. Native OS is WinXp SP2.
I tried installing my wireless network card(Netgear wgm511), but hit a wall.
I successfully used ndiswrapper to get the drivers
In the WifiManager I'm seeing the network and get an MAC Address for the access point, but I'm not getting an IP.
There is no encryption and DHCP is enabled.
When I try using the networkcardconfig and select "use DHCP Broadcast" the operation fails... I also tried using the "ifup wlan0" and that failed as well...
I've searched everywhere for the answer, but failed
Thanks In Advance for any advice,
Murph
Similar Threads
-
By jbreazeale in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:03 AM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 12:59 AM
-
By Mattr35 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By hnugz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S
$35.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03
$99.95

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$678.00

SFP-10G-LR CISCO 10-2457-02 10GBASE-LR SFP+ Transceiver New Pull A Grade Qty 10
$175.00