Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Write-Protected

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3

    Write-Protected

    I had windows xp home before, and I had set files to private. After I upgraded to to XP PRo, I used same username for the new user name.

    Now, my files are set to Write-protected and I can not access them.
    So, I am went ahead and tried Knoobix, and it works for me. I can access the files in that folder through Knoobix. Is it possible to change the folder settings so I can view the files while I am using Windows Xp PRo.


    I was thinking of moving files to the new user from Old user through Knoobix, I read the tool has been taken and it might mess up the data.


    If it is not possible, maybe then a way to delete the files, sicne they are just taking up space.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3
    I can't do either of the following?

    Delete NTfs Files through Unix

    Change setting of folders from Private to public either through linux or windows.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3
    Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. I foudn the solution today ^_^

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q308421

Similar Threads

  1. Which files do have NTFS flag "write protected"
    By NullDevice in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
  2. protected file replacement
    By Skary in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 05:50 PM
  3. Log on to password protected wireless networks?
    By foxdog27 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 02:22 AM
  4. ndiswrapper blacklist - howto with write-protected CD?
    By longlostname in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 07:05 PM
  5. hda: host protected area after Knoppix-3.3 ????
    By alex52 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS picture

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS

$15.00



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00