"Changing MAC address" http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20830
"Remaster Knoppix without Remastering" http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/5964
Hey I'm remastering a copy of Knoppix 3.9 and I want to set a specific MAC address when the system starts up, how would I go about configuring that?
"Changing MAC address" http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20830
"Remaster Knoppix without Remastering" http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/5964
Thanks that looks like it should work. One more question though, is it possible to specify a specific MAC and still have the IP assigned by DCHP? Because when I change the MAC I am not able to ping anything, it looks like the default gateway is 0.0.0.0

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99
640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00
1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99
Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99
S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95
Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00