Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: USB Mouse doesn't work Knoppix 4.0

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2

    USB Mouse doesn't work Knoppix 4.0

    Hi All:

    I've been a Knoppix user since version 3.3. Anyways, Knoppix 4.0 (both CD and DVD) do not detect the USB mouse I am currently using (Microsoft Intellimouse Optical). Once the "Scanning for USB devices" line comes up during boot, the mouse light goes off. Knoppix 3.7 works fine with this computer, so I am not sure why 4.0 doesn't work. Expert mode brings the same problem, it still scans for USB devices and then the mouse light goes off. Has anyone else experienced this? A quick search on the site says no.

    BTW, Motherboard is an MSI K8T Neo (VIA K8T800 Chipset) with an up to date BIOS.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I just booted 4.0.2 DVD. My USB mouse (Logitech) worked fine. This on an HP notebook. I had previously used 4.0.1 on it with good results too.

    Can you get any other USB device to work? Flash memory? Anything that might help determine if it a mouse issue or a USB issue? Got any other USB mice?

    Personally I have low expectation that any hardware with a Microsoft logo will work under Linux, even a mouse. But I'm just synical that way (and have seen the dirty stuff MS does too many times).

  3. #3
    Hello,

    I have the same problem. I use USB-Mouse Logitech MX518, with Knoppix-CD 3.9 it works without problems, with Knoppix-CD 4.0.2 it doas not work!

    After scanning USB-Hardware the mouse-light goes off?

    Please help us, thank you!!!

    Alex

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2
    I had an opportunity to try out a USB key. No go. USB is the problem. Somehow, USB support for VIA chipset got broken in the 4.0 release.

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by avarice
    I had an opportunity to try out a USB key. No go. USB is the problem. Somehow, USB support for VIA chipset got broken in the 4.0 release.
    I have an MB with a VIA chipset on it. Have not tried USB on 4.0.x on that system yet. I can't test it at the moment (download in progress that will take several hours), but I will give it a try when I can and report back my results.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1
    I seem to be having a similar problem. Using the DE knoppix 4.0 DVD (with knoppix lang=en) my 'MICROSOFT Wireless Optical Mouse' works but when I got the EN 4.0 DVD my mouse wouldn't work; since I upgraded to 4.02 DVD both the DE and the EN version do not detect my mouse. Interesting no? I have not tried any of the cheat codes for 'fixing' mouse problems ... yet

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1
    My Sandisk 256mb USB Flash Drive and Seagate 200gb USB Hard Drive are not working with 4.0.2. Via chipset here as well.


    Edit: Both worked great under 3.9.

    Oldbenwa

Similar Threads

  1. USB wireless Mouse does not work using knoppix 3.9
    By ismxray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 03:35 AM
  2. Mouse doesn't work after Knoppix upgrade
    By ezuk in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 09:26 PM
  3. My USB Mouse won't work
    By LinuxGozer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 07:46 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 07:02 PM
  5. how to make my Mouse Systems mouse work with knoppix?
    By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



LOT of 20 Arista XVR-10001-20 SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR 850nm MMF LC SFP+ Transceiv picture

LOT of 20 Arista XVR-10001-20 SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR 850nm MMF LC SFP+ Transceiv

$149.95



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99