-
No boot on Thinkpad T42
Hi,
I have an Thinkpad T42 running winxp sp2. I am trying to boot from the live-cd and I get a blank screen after the knoppix boot prompt. The cd works fine on a desktop and the system loads properly.
I have tried all of the "tips & tricks" on the cheat code documentation. Setting vga=0 helps reach the next screen that says "Uncompressing linux...OK.." after which it hangs.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
hmm, i have tried several thinkpads with knoppix, several versions. all work. hmm, have you tried this wil start knoppix without X (the windows like environment) it wil look like good old DOS.
this we do just to see if it might be something to do with X. if this works reboot with ctrl+alt+del
btw what does the comand below give as output? (note that linux makes diference between small And LARGE letters)report back with any progress.
-
Hi,
The live-cd I was trying was based on knoppix 4.0. I downloaded knoppix 3.9 and that seems to work perefectly without the need to use any cheat codes. The reason I am trying to get knoppix 4.0 working is because I have a linux based camera whose drivers are in that 4.0 CD.
I havent tried "knoppix 3 nodhcp" yet.. will give it a try now..
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By yumax in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 06:43 AM
-
By fmarzocca in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:40 PM
-
By paulius in forum Laptops
Replies: 15
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 05:39 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 11:48 PM
-
By dona in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes
$65.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$319.99