Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.9 noprompt cheatcode problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5

    Knoppix 3.9 noprompt cheatcode problems

    I need to be able to remotely reboot or poweroff knoppix. I want to use the noeject and noprompt cheat codes so that the computer can restart knoppix without using a keyboard and monitor. However, when I use these codes, it gets to the last message: Preparing for reboot... , and then it just stops. It doesn't reboot or do anything else. I don't know if I should change the /etc/init.d/koppix-reboot file, or what. (I'm pretty new to linux and knoppix!)

    BTW - I have successfully remastered knoppix and added startup scripts so that ssh and some other code of mine runs on startup. This way, I can just send a reboot command over ssh. I am actually booting off USB - but that shouldn't be the issue. When I try the noprompt/ noeject in any combination on the original, unchanged knoppix 3.9 CD it hangs like I described.

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5
    I fixed it... I just got the latest version of sysvinit, modified halt.c and remade init.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4
    I've also got this problem. Which sysvinit did you download? The 'real' one or the knoppix version? What was the actual version you compiled?

    Even better, can you just email me the re-compiled 'init'?

    Cheers,

    Andy
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5
    Sorry I took so long to reply. I stopped watching this topic.

    Anyway, I donwloaded sysvinit-knoppix-2.84, which was the latest version I could find. I edited halt.c in the src folder:

    Code:
    if(umount("/cdrom")==0)
      {
    //  write(2,msg1,strlen(msg1));
    //  tcflush(1,TCIFLUSH);
    //  getchar();
        write(2,msg2,strlen(msg2)); usleep(250000);}
       break;
      }
    All I did was comment out those lines and then do make to build a new version of init.

    However, i have a new problem. I had been doing remote reboots that were working, but the keyboard was still attached to the remote computer even though I wasn't using it. Now I've found that if I detach the keyboard and try the same exact thing, Knoppix goes through reboot as it should but then never actually reboots at the end.

    Does anyone know a way around this?

Similar Threads

  1. Sysvinit source code / noprompt noeject bug
    By abeverley in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 11:30 PM
  2. Cheatcode dd if=/cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img of=/dev/fd0
    By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 04:42 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 01:40 AM
  4. Idea for new cheatcode and/or Knoppix Script
    By andymadigan in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2003, 10:29 PM
  5. cheatcode for multiple knoppix fromhd?
    By Chribu in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 02:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99