-
Web Hosting on Apache Server
Hi,
I have been using Knoppix for 5 days ( Yippeee ). Still tryin' out new things and it's great. Managed to save my Knoppix Configuration and create a persistance Home on my USB thumb drive.
I'm tryin to host my web site (ALL HTML) using apache server built into Knoppix. I can't copy my files to /var/www cos i'm running off my Live-CD and it's write protected (I think). The index page for apache (http://localhost) says that i can create a public_html folder in my /home to host my web site. I did that but somehow i get a error.
Can someone pls tell me what i'm doin wrong???
In my web browser I'm typing "http://localhost/user/foldername.
Thanx in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You need to be root to do this.
You can do it graphically by running these commands from a terminal window as user knoppix
su root <enter>
then, at the root prompt
konqueror<enter>
Then you can browse the filesystem and write/copy files to the /var/www directory from within konqueror.
Once you've got plain html pages working you might like to try out the link below and give php, perl and bash cgi scripting a whirl.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21221
Regards,
Mark
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 05:13 AM
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 08:14 PM
-
By explosion242 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 05:56 AM
-
By Zero_1984 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 10:02 PM
-
By Zoplax in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00