-
Senior Member
registered user
Grub files are not installed after remastered 4.0.2 install
I can install Knoppix 4.0.2 to hard disk and it boots fine.
If I do a remastered version of if, installation goes well but it don't boot from Grub (installed to MBR). The reason is that /boot/grub contains only device.map, menu.list and menu.list~ files - NOT stage files. If I install Grub to a partiton, I can boot it normally from another boot loader. If I do a diskette, sometimes it works and sometimes not.
What is the reason that necessary Grub files are not installed when installing Grub to MBR? I have had this problem many times in my remasterings, but not always, and don't know the reason for it.
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By ryzvonusef in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2007, 12:06 AM
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
-
By Guider in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HPe Proliant Microserver Gen10 AMD Opteron 16GB RAM, 3x Intel SSD, Working
$600.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00