I'm having problems mounting my NTFS partition, I only manage to do it logged on as root. I would like access to that partition from my normal user at the KDE desktop, one click. Cannot find anything about it. Anyone know?
I'm having problems mounting my NTFS partition, I only manage to do it logged on as root. I would like access to that partition from my normal user at the KDE desktop, one click. Cannot find anything about it. Anyone know?
Add a user statement to the partition in your /etc/fstab, like this:Originally Posted by morder
will mount /dev/hda1 at /mnt/win as NTFS partition. Replacing 'noauto' with 'auto' will automaticaly boot the partition at boottime. For explanation of syntax in fstab try "man fstab"./dev/hda1 /mnt/win ntfs noauto,user,exec 0 0
btw, could the bootscript create a human readable fstab? All these unaligned columns make you dizzy...
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
where:
/dev/hda1 is your ntfs partition
/mnt/hda1 is the mount point of said partition
ntfs is the partition type
noauto,users,exec,ro are necessary options
this is the really important part
uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix replace knoppix with your own username. if your username was bill, it would be: uid=bill,gid=bill
the 0 0 are options i'm not familiar with, but are necessary.
a warning: as of kernal 2.4.20 (the kernal knoppix installs) ntfs support is there, but writing to the partition can harm it, so don't.
i tore my hair over this myself until i checked a backup copy of fstab and found an entry where I only had to replace 'knoppix' with my username.
hope this helps!
*edit* can't spell, never could, especially at 4:20am

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50