First you mentioned the graphics card & then mention the sound card. Which is it that is not being saved? Is it video, sound or both?
4.02 Knoppix hd install can't remember my graphics card configuration after a reboot. I installed 4.02 Knoppix on my hard drive and then configured alsa with the Knoppix alsa config tool. The whole system works great, but after every startup I have to reconfigur alsa to get sound. How could I get Knoppix to remember this setup?
First you mentioned the graphics card & then mention the sound card. Which is it that is not being saved? Is it video, sound or both?
Sorry! I am up with very little sleep and am a poor writter to boot. It is the sound card!
What type of HS install did you choose? http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Insta...f_installation
It was the debian install. I don't have much of a knowlege base in linux, but I am guessing that there is a file somewhere that I need to edit.

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00