Is it running from CD or is it a HD install? If HD install, what type of HS install did you choose? http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Insta...f_installation
Ok, I set my static IP and it works perfectly.
If I reboot the system, it revers to a dynamic IP ..
here is the confg script.. (I don't know if this is the right script for this or not..)
root@box_10:/etc/network# cat interfaces
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(, ifdown(
# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.100.55
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.100.0
broadcast 192.168.100.255
gateway 192.168.100.1
what can I do ?
HELP !
(If I try this command: ifdown, then ifup... I get the static IP that is set in the interfaces file... )
Is it running from CD or is it a HD install? If HD install, what type of HS install did you choose? http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Insta...f_installation
it is HD Installed, I don't remember which install I did...![]()
LOL
But It lets me log-in as a regular user.
I have apache, ftp, samba, mysql + php running on it in a mixed mode network and it works great + i'm hosting websites from it on the net using dynamic dns service...![]()
I just need to get this IP thing straightened out.
To have a persistent static-IP, after having configured it with 'netcardconfig' is necessary to type # update-rc.d networking defaultsOriginally Posted by fordfasterr

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99