Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 4.0.2 - HD install - input/output errors on Readmes, Docs

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1

    4.0.2 - HD install - input/output errors on Readmes, Docs

    I tried to do the knoppix HD install (knoppix-installer) (debian version) I get lots and lots of input/output errors.

    It feels like the list of included files was pared down at the last minute to conserve space but that the installation script was not edited to match, so it gets to about 60% (don't remember exact number) and I start getting errors like:

    cp /usr/share/docs/packagename/README input/output error

    What makes me suspect the bit about changes at the last minute is that all of the missing files are READMEs, Docs, txt, and htm files - nothing that would be sorely missed.

    So, not too bad of a problem, right? Nuh-uh. Unfortunately, the cdrom seeks for each file for abt 2-3min which makes the install take wayyyyyy too long - I left it going overnight last night (at 4:30p) and it was not completed by this morning (8:30a) = 16+ hrs! It had only made it up to the Ms when I held in the power button for an ungraceful reboot, so I have no idea how long the full install would take.

    ==

    Then, I tried to do the simpler install to HD of the "Knoppix CD on HD" version. It too bogged down unable to find certain files. This time, however, they were groff development font files.

    ==

    I booted knoppix with the cdtest cheat code and the CD passed the test.

    ==

    Would someone mind grabbing an old 3 GB drive and try the install to HD to verify this is not just me?

    This may be something to fix for 4.0.3?

    ==

    If it is possible to edit the installer script, can someone help me figure out where it is and how to edit it. I saw references to it in other posts, but nothing definitive.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: 4.0.2 - HD install - input/output errors on Readmes, Doc

    Quote Originally Posted by kitcatcher
    I tried to do the knoppix HD install (knoppix-installer) (debian version) I get lots and lots of input/output errors.
    What's having the I/O errors, the CD or the HD or something else?

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Similar Threads

  1. Input/Output errors with a 'Knoppix' style install from DVD
    By drbongo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 05:21 PM
  2. Input/output error
    By enlightened_j in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 06:39 PM
  3. Input/Output Errors?
    By dark_mage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 01:29 AM
  4. knoppix-installer input/output errors
    By apoth in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 01:06 AM
  5. input output error during install
    By Penumbral in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2 picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2

$32.99



Cisco SFP-10G-LR TransceiverMulti Mode Module Tested Lot of 4 picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LR TransceiverMulti Mode Module Tested Lot of 4

$44.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10-3105-01 SFP+ Transceiver Module W/ Hologram Lot of 14 picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10-3105-01 SFP+ Transceiver Module W/ Hologram Lot of 14

$98.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99