I tried with a Knoppix 3.8 (and 4.0 as well) to make an image from an NTFS partition on the HDD (hda1) with windows XP on to a partition on a USB HDD (sda1 ; win_f). I have formatted the USB Drive (on another PC) for a FAT 32 on the a partition of 75 GB. The NTFS partition that I want to make an image from is 72 GB. Knoppix from the live CD sess the USB HDD. The size however is only 260 B (yes bytes).
I want to use partimage to make an image, but I do not get write access to the USB HDD (i think because the USB HDD recongnised size is too small).
What is wrong ?

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00