-
etc/lilo.conf: Permission denied
I'm trying to access a damaged lilo.conf. I started the machine with my Knoppix CD, but when I attempted to access lilo.conf I got a "permission denied" message. The file is owned by root (which I'm not, at the moment) and has permissions -rw-r-----. I have the root password for this machine, but I don't see how to use it to gain access to lilo.conf.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
kj
-
sudo su to become root
mount -a to mount everything rw, check with mount. You can also remount to writable with for example:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/hdXn /mnt/hdXn
Similar Threads
-
By jogeedaklown in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2008, 11:05 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:23 PM
-
By Valhalla in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By djoey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 10:27 PM
-
By simple in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 05:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99