Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: printing

  1. #1
    crackdaddysnap
    Guest

    printing

    i have a d145 i used the print set up in knoppix but at the end i went to test and the message said page sent to printer successfuly but it never printed ??????? how do i set up a hpd145 printer i have it connected to a usb port? thanks for your help i am new to knoppix.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    41
    add my name to list of people who are having problems with printers under knoppix

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    75
    me too. especially the fact that even IF you do get your printer working in linux odds are you will have to set it up under MULTIPLE different programs to get anthing worthwhile, (the proud owner of a NEW canon i850 that Linux HATES!)

  4. #4

    HP PSC 750

    Using the 2002-12-12 release:
    I went through the KDE wizard to setup my HP PSC 750, and that went smoothly. Printing the test page however, didn't.

    After rooting around the /proc/bus/usb, I noticed the permissions might be wrong. I tried to change it using chmod, however I have permission denied due to a read only fs.

    If I could only get this HP PSC 750 working properly on my parent's machine! I didn't even dare try scanning !

    Hmmm "Persistent Home CD" seems to solve some USB issues, although nothing is mentioned about printers...

  5. #5
    oldhippy
    Guest

    HP Laser printer doesn't

    Can I get my HP Laserjet 4 Plus to work on KNOPPIX or am I too old?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470

    HP Laserjet 4 Plus

    Should not be a problem (even for an old hippy ) the hplj4+ is old so it's well supported.

    In the past I've had my hplj4+ running with several linux distros, but it is now my wifes printer so hands off to me.

    What problems are you having?

    Are you running from CD or a hdd install?

    rock

  7. #7
    Guest
    I am running from the CD.

    Just get "EMPTY PRINT COMMAND"

    I've got a new computer still in the wrapper waiting to become a LINUX box, but.............

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2

    Printing

    The oldhippy got the printer working!!!!

    But, based on that success I unwrapped my new Compaq Presario 6000 and tried to install KNOPPIX. First thing WinXP started and showed me a screen where I would agree to bend over for the XP install. Hey, I ain't going to use it so DON'T AGREE! Shut it down, restart into BIOS and selected boot from CD, tried to install KONPPIX but no go. Tried to partition from floppy using Partition Commander, no go!! Looked on the WEB for help, somebody said that I was blocked by M$. Is this true?

    Does anybody need a unused 60gig HD?

  9. #9
    Guest
    I can't get the HP 4L running from the CD version. It looks like it's working, but it doesn't.

    Thanks for your help.

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    13

    Re: Printing

    Quote Originally Posted by oldhippy
    The oldhippy got the printer working!!!!

    But, based on that success I unwrapped my new Compaq Presario 6000 and tried to install KNOPPIX. First thing WinXP started and showed me a screen where I would agree to bend over for the XP install. Hey, I ain't going to use it so DON'T AGREE! Shut it down, restart into BIOS and selected boot from CD, tried to install KONPPIX but no go. Tried to partition from floppy using Partition Commander, no go!! Looked on the WEB for help, somebody said that I was blocked by M$. Is this true?

    Does anybody need a unused 60gig HD?
    I could use a 60GB HD.... whats the catch? =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Printing, Notifications
    By RoyalMail in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 02:32 PM
  2. Printing
    By swazi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 05:46 PM
  3. printing problem
    By pummer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 08:20 PM
  4. GV, XPDF and Printing
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 06:22 AM
  5. HP printing hpijs 1.3.1 instead of 1.3-2
    By Jean Béliveau in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 11:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX picture

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX

$89.95



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$157.93



Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$81.39



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage Sperry Rand Univac Mainframe Control Board Gold IC Rare Piece Of History picture

Vintage Sperry Rand Univac Mainframe Control Board Gold IC Rare Piece Of History

$284.95



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00