-
Thanks Robert, That was very helpful to know about PDI. Its almost like the U3 platform for USB thumb drives that enable them to become portable computers with all our favorite applications. I am really getting excited about this Knoppix thing now. I look forward to exploring it further in next several days. Anyway my answers to your questions are as follows:
1. - How did you hear about Knoppix?
I read a Wikipedia article about Linux which mentions about Knoppix. I found the idea of trying out Linux without disturbing my system very interesting.
2. - How did you discover Knoppix.net?
From the Knoppix.org website.
3. - While waiting for the 4.0.2DVD to arrive, what version of Knoppix are you using?
I am currently not using Knoppix but I just started downloading KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso file. I just cant wait to receive the DVD after reading so much about it.
4. - What type of system are you running Knoppix on?
I will be running Knoppix on a IBM Thinkpad T20 700MHz 128MB RAM.
5. - What operating system is currently installed on that system?
Currently it has Windows XP Home running on it but its too slow.
6. - How long have you been using computers, or how familiar are you with computers?
I have been using computers for last 10 years. I would say I am OK familiar with many things but can't claim to be an expert.
7. - Have you used linux before? If so, how long?
Never used Linux before.
8. - What do you hope to do with Knoppix or Linux?
I didnt hope much. Just was curious to try it out. But now portability of my computing environment looks like something I can use. I travel a lot even internationally and to places that dont always have the state of the art machines. I can see if Knoppix works faster and better than the Windows on these machines. Recovering files from crashed computers is another thing that I think I will use.
9. - Are you familiar with a wiki? If so, have you used a wiki before, e.g wrote some content?
Not much but I browsed very quickly the Wiki page on Knoppix site.
Thanks again for the warm welcome. I am very pleased to join the minority community (but a growing community) of Linux users.
Similar Threads
-
By warpats in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-18-2006, 07:59 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 05:53 AM
-
By NoviceW in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 08:17 PM
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2003, 12:40 AM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 08:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Lot of 5x SFP-10G-LR CISCO 10-2457-02 10GBASE-LR SFP+ Transceiver
$75.00

LOT of 50 – Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver 10-2415-03
$180.00

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch
$175.00