-
Senior Member
registered user
I neglected to mention, the reasons our systems are running a lot more smoothly, and less security issues; i.e. the attacks, emails, and web surfing stuff - is contributed ONLY because we ONLY run Linux now... If I ever got a job, and that job was in the computer field, and, I had the "power" to interject what OS was run within that company, including the "big wigs", it would be converted to Linux - solely... I am quite sure the decision could be "emphasised" to the "upper-mucky-mucks", on the simple "savings" issue... As for the techs, they would know the real reason, security, stability, and the availability of being able to "lock down" the systems from outside attacks...
As for the "users", they would just need to "deal with it"... This decision would be made on many facits of reasons, security, uptime, connectivity, open source, available packages, and for the "biggies", cost. If I can be weened from the dominance of M$ OS's, software, and even, hardware, I am quite sure, anybody can. If software doesnt exist to support whatever the company needs, then, we may just need, to hire some programmers, or developers, to deal with the lack of packages in Linux, but, I wont deal with the hassles, horrors, that I dealt with on a "home" networked Win OS, on a "company" size topography, not without the help of Linux 
I am sick and tired of having to re-install Windows systems, fix inadiquacies, sniff out problems, downtime, and constant attacks and security holes, with any Windows OS... The company should be made aware of what they should know they are using, and having to deal with. With this knowledge, the decision is quite simple, Linux.
Enough distro's are in the world, to make "which" Linux to use, a lot easier... Stable Debian, Ubuntu, SuSE, and then, the, cutting edge... ( for the developers and coders
)
/rant off
enuf said,
Ms. Cuddles
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Lot of 50 HPE Mellanox 655874B21 Rev B2 40G QSFP to 10G SFP Adapter G2U
$224.95

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99