-
Senior Member
registered user
mplayeror any other good media player to play media . . .
Hi *,
I am trying to push the use of knoppix by teachers, but I am not being able to play media. Spcially they use a lot npr.org data feeds in classes with adults
Any ideas on how to go?
// __ trying to play
xine Message: - Konqueror
I am trying to play ".smil" files and I am getting:
A problem occurred while loading a library or a decoder: cook.so.6.0
// __
Open a ".wax" file of MIME type "audio/x-ms-wax"
I saved the file that was apparently taken by xine
but then I got an error xine_get_current_frame() failed (with the only option to click on OK no backtrace or notheing else)
However I was able to see from where the data feed was being streamed
mms://wm.npr.na-central.speedera.net/wm.npr.na-central/atc/20051025_atc_01.wma
I can see incremental buffering going on and even some images on the window, but all I can hear are momentabeous random chopped voicings, not complete conversations
// __ I then downloaded and installed mplayer and was able to use it to watch ".avi" types of movies
sh-3.00# mplayer /home/root/landing.avi
// __ but ".wma" npr ones were a no show
sh-3.00# mplayer mms://wm.npr.na-central.speedera.net/wm.npr.na-central/atc/20051025_atc_01.wma
MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.3.6 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 4 /Athlon MP/XP Palomino (Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE
Playing mms://wm.npr.na-central.speedera.net/wm.npr.na-central/atc/20051025_atc_01.wma.
Resolving wm.npr.na-central.speedera.net for AF_INET6...
Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: wm.npr.na-central.speedera.net
Resolving wm.npr.na-central.speedera.net for AF_INET...
Connecting to server wm.npr.na-central.speedera.net[216.200.68.19]:1755 ...
connected
file object, packet length = 2750 (2750)
unknown object
unknown object
unknown object
stream object, stream id: 3
unknown object
data object
mmst packet_length = 2750
Cache size set to 64 KBytes
Connected to server: wm.npr.na-central.speedera.net
Cache fill: 12.50% (8192 bytes) ASF file format detected.
================================================== ========================
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 22050 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 22.0 kbit/3.12% (ratio: 2751->88200)
Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm:ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg))
================================================== ========================
Checking audio filter chain for 22050Hz/2ch/s16le -> 22050Hz/2ch/s16le...
AF_pre: 22050Hz/2ch/s16le
[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
[AO ESD] esd_open_sound failed: No such file or directory
ao_nas: init(): Can't open nas audio server -> nosound
AO: [null] 22050Hz 2ch s16le (2 bps)
Building audio filter chain for 22050Hz/2ch/s16le -> 22050Hz/2ch/s16le...
Video: no video
Starting playback...
A: -0.0 (00.0) ??,?% 9%
Exiting... (End of file)
sh-3.00#
Similar Threads
-
By askme in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2005, 06:37 PM
-
By rockinrodent in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 09:53 PM
-
By styven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 11:24 AM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:10 AM
-
By BiggJeff74 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 04:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00