-
Compaq Presario 5152
I Can get it to the boot screen and it starts to load but about halfway through id hange with a never ending error?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Compaq Presario 5152

Originally Posted by
morbidpalooza
I Can get it to the boot screen and it starts to load but about halfway through id hange with a never ending error?
What you describe could be the result of anything from a badly burned CD to flakey hardware to a mis-configuration. To whittle down the possibilities, have a look at the cheatcodes section in the documentation, especiall the Tips&Tricks section.
As it says there, "tell us which of the above boot commands you tried, and how far in the boot process you were able to get."
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
-
I will try that now Be right Back!
-
Sorry that did not work eather I thought the no hardware dection would help but it did not 
the only thing I have got to run on it has been dam small linux
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
morbidpalooza
Sorry that did not work eather I thought the no hardware dection would help but it did not
the only thing I have got to run on it has been dam small linux
So you tried boot: failsafe debug -b 3 and you didn't even get to the first boot stage? If so, then I would strongly suspect a bad CD burn.
BTW, what version of Knoppix are you using?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
-

Originally Posted by
rwcitek

Originally Posted by
morbidpalooza
Sorry that did not work eather I thought the no hardware dection would help but it did not
the only thing I have got to run on it has been dam small linux
So you tried
boot: failsafe debug -b 3 and you didn't even get to the first boot stage? If so, then I would strongly suspect a bad CD burn.
BTW, what version of Knoppix are you using?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
The cd boot's fine on other computers and it's knoppix 3.9 I even booted the hd on another computer with the same cd and installed knoppic on the hd then put the hd back in the compaq and had the same error!
it will go through all the boot process like 5 steps then error and lockup[!
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
morbidpalooza
The cd boot's fine on other computers and it's knoppix 3.9 I even booted the hd on another computer with the same cd and installed knoppic on the hd then put the hd back in the compaq and had the same error!
OK. What question does that answer?

Originally Posted by
morbidpalooza
it will go through all the boot process like 5 steps then error and lockup[!
OK. So Knoppix does boot. It just that at some point it stalls. The question I have is, at what point? Have a look at this page which has some screen shots of Knoppix booting up into the different stages. What's the last stage which you can get into?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
-
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
morbidpalooza
stage 5 - text mode
Great. Knoppix does boot and run on the machine. Can you type the following:
Code:
(set -x
lspci
) >& post.txt
Please post the output of post.txt.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
-
total mem found 191308 KB
creating ram disk
creating dir's <---------------------that is where the errors start
I/O error: dev 0b: 00 sector xxxxx
non extended sence class
I hope theis tells you somthing and this is on 3.6 3.9 will do nothing
Similar Threads
-
By Sky Aisling in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-18-2010, 07:03 PM
-
By swixtt in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-07-2007, 06:40 PM
-
By chopperman in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-27-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By t0ast in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 06:27 PM
-
By hongchai in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 05:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NetApp NAE-1101 16 Port 10GB SFP Switch In Perfect Workign Condition
$200.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99