How on earth am I supposed to set up networking with the Live DVD when I cannot run any of the network configuration programs?
This happens with:
kcontrol->"Internet & Network"->"Wireless Network"->"Administrator Mode"
"System"->"Networking"
"System"->"Network Admin"
In fact, it happens with just about anything in the "System" section of the KDE program menu.
The information in file:///cdrom/KNOPPIX/README_Security.txt makes me wonder if you intend to have the Live DVD be usable by those who want to use wireless connectivity.
I managed to get a little farther by running "sudo bash" and then launching kcontrol. Still, I am unable to get my ipw2200 network running. Network configuration seems very tough with KNOPPIX. I tried accessing both a WEP and WPA2 (AES) encrypted AP, but no joy. I am used to running dhclient3 to configure my network, but haven't figured out how to accomplish this with KNOPPIX. I did manage to get the cabled ethernet card working. It's a RealTek RTL8139. You ipw2200 code seems quite old (on the Live DVD 4.0.2). Current ipw2200 is 1.0.8 (not 1.0.1). Current ieee80211 is 1.1.6 (not 1.0.3). Current wpa_supplicant is 0.4.6 (not 0.4.2). Current ipw2200 firmware is 2.4 (not 2.2). Maybe this is why I cannot get WIFI working?
Miles

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$32.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Apple MAC SE/30 Computer M5119, Vintage, Logic & Analog boards + PSU Recapped
$850.00
Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla
$500.00
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$29.99
RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$319.99