Running 4.02CD on a Toshiba 2595CDT laptop with a 400mhz cpu, 192MG ram, and a 10GB hard disk. Live CD works FANTASTIC on this poor little machine. Partitioned the hd as follows; hda1 - 200MB swap, hda2 - Linux, hda3 - Linux, hda4 - Linux. Currrently doing a poor man's install from hda4, with a persistent home and config on hda3. Everything works great. Problem is hda2...I initially tried tohd=/dev/hda2..and the copy failed. hda2 won't mount, etc. Methinks there are bad sectors, etc in the area where hda2 resides. My question now that I get around to it is how can I find the errors, block them and make use of hda2?
Thanks!
torp

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00