-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Thanks for posting the reason why DHCP failed for you. You may very well want to turn it back on, particularly if you don't know why you turned it off. I doubt that there is any good reason to turn it off that can't be resolved another way (paricularly with a Dlink router). With some other routers I have run a mix of static and dynamic IP addresses, but even then I leave dhcp on; with a Dlink router I have never found even static IP's needed. Of course, if you never reboot it's a non-issue; but if you decide that you want to try out different live CD's and/or DVD, or just boot different versions of Knoppix, it would come in handy.
I certainly expect that any CD written in ISO9660 format will be readable with both Knoppix and Windows; but I can't argue against testing it for yourself. You might come across some problems if you have huge file names (greater than 64 characters for example).
Similar Threads
-
By archimedes1981 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 12-28-2007, 06:18 PM
-
By shirow in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2006, 10:04 PM
-
By el_hefe in forum Networking
Replies: 19
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:48 AM
-
By kaen in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00