-
Samba (Oh no not again)
Hi All,
I'm new here and first up I'd like to say hello.
Obviously the only reason I'm here is that I need help. help with Knoppix that is.
OK, first up, I know NOTHING about Linux, and I mean absolutely nothing, please feel free to ridicule and patronize me. 
Second, can some kind soul please point me to an article/FAQ (in English) that explains how to share a Linux folder to a WindowsXP machine. (in plain English)
I have read quite a few and it all seems complete gobbledegook to me. (Of course I could be completely stupid).
Is there a program that will do the configuration for me?
I have a new folding farm and, after a monumental struggle I have Knoppix installed on their HDDs. Now I would like to monitor the folding with Electron Microscope on a machine on the same network running WindowsXP Pro.
Any help gratefully received, any gentle mockery laughed at. 
Cheers
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By ghostblaze in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 03:14 AM
-
By jimbo62 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By juan_sck in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
-
By Tovi in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 08:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350
$325.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00