-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Even if Ubuntu came with gnome is much more slower than knoppix/kde
-
Senior Member
registered user
Btw, for the shadows shown in the screenshots you have to install xcompmgr and transset with apt-get, edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf to include
Code:
Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Enabled"
EndSection
and finally run
xcompmgr -cC -r7 -o.65 -l-10 -t-8 -D7 &
Greetings,
probono
-
Using klik on Kubuntu 5.10...
Klik works fine with current kubuntu.
However, one thing I noticed is that the klik submenu in kmenu
is not updated (its empty), all .cmg files are in 'Nicht zuzuordnen' (german,
english would be something like 'not able to allocate' or 'lost and found', don't know exactly...)
Another problem is, that applications are not using hardware accelerated opengl, e.g. chromium.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Heh.....Ubuntu's like...An insult around the CRUX irc channel....."Oh....Go use Ubuntu."
-
kubuntu live
I've tried using klik and it will not work work with Kubuntu live, I am not sure what the issue is. Klik installs fine, but when ever I attempt to lauch an app that has been loaded with klik I just get an x on the screen with no info...Could be an issue in the Kubuntu live cd instead of something with klik. Does anyone know of a workaround?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Klik problem
probono,
You asked for inpute here for Ubuntu 5.10 breezy live cd.I tried several kliks ,one being xvier.cmg and it comes back with the error/tmp/app/1/wrapper:line84:kdialog:command not found.Everthing installed fine ,all the entries in fstab.I tried gkrellm.opera,all the same results.I have klik installed on several hard drive linux installs,and works great .This is the first live cd I have tried.Have any ideas let me know,Dennis
Similar Threads
-
By Paul Weinstock in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
-
By kieranmullen in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-20-2006, 07:52 PM
-
By sakiZ in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-14-2006, 01:17 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99