I was told that Knoppix uses modified kernel.
Here is a snippet from Knoppix 3.3 CD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ uname -r
2.4.24-xfs
knoppix@ttyp1[knoppix]$ locate kernel-header
locate: warning: database `/var/cache/locate/locatedb' is more than 8 days old
/usr/share/doc/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix
/usr/share/doc/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix/copyright
/usr/src/kernel-packages/kernel-headers-2.4.23-xfs_10.00.Custom_i386.deb
/usr/src/kernel-packages/kernel-headers-2.4.24-xfs_10.00.Custom_i386.deb
/var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-kernel-headers-knoppix.md5sums
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was able to find the modified kernel-headers for Knoppix 3.3. Am just wondering where I can find the modified kernel-headers for Knoppix CD 3.9 and DVD 4.0.2? I REQUIRE them because I need to build VMWareWorkstation and that requires the usage of the same gcc used to compile the kernel as well as the kernel-headers.
To KnoppixDevTeam: Please can keep the modified Knoppix kernel-headers in ALL future releases of Knoppix. Thanks.
Also, can you also put back in bochs. I love this ia32 emulator. I miss it since I haven't seen it in Knoppix since Knoppix 3.3.
Cheers guys. Knoppix is the BEST distro ever since sliced bread.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00
$280.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99