-
Please Help This Newbie!!!!!!!
Okay I have pretty good knowledge of Windows and DOS, but this Knoppix thing is completely new to me, but I want to learn.
Can someone send me step by step instructions on how to get the operating system to boot on my computer.
I've got the boot disk to work, but the actualy Knoppix program is on another CDROM.
PLEASE HELP!!!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Welcome to Knoppix.net!
If every newbie creates a new post with the subject line "Please Help This Newbie!!!!!!!" then we would have tons of useless not helpful non-descriptive subject lines. Over a period of time (weeks/months), these not so good subjects lines would mess up the forums search engine results and would ultimately make the forums less helpful for newbies. See http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16574 for a discussion on why we want better subject lines. A better subject line would be "Burning & Booting problems".
All that said, there is nothing wrong with being a newbie. I am a unix & linux sysadmin & I too was once a newbie. Please read the Documentation and specifically the Downloading & Burning Frequently Asked Questions where it covers the very basics of getting Knoppix downloaded, burned to disc, & then to successfully boot on your system.
-
I sent you a pm hope it helps!
Similar Threads
-
By rswannie in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-17-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By hitokiri007 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 07:56 AM
-
By myko88 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:44 PM
-
By tapique in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 11:12 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00