Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Running Open Office 2.0 in Debian Linux!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Running Open Office 2.0 in Debian Linux!

    I just read that there are issues installing Open Office 2.0 in Debian Linux.
    (Go to the www.desktoplinux.com website for this article. )

    That made me laugh because I am using it -- but the Windows version -- under Crossover Office. All the modules work perfectly as near as I can tell. I did have to install a Times New Roman font in Crossover Office when a document I wanted to print did not print correctly. After the font install, it printed perfectly.

    (Perhaps Oo runs in basic Wine as well? This is not meant to be a plug particulary for Crossover Office.)


    This is what is interesting: I did not install Open Office in Linux via Crossover Office so it does not take up any extra HD space on the Linux side.

    What I did: I only dragged a link to my desktop for each of the major programs in Open Office.

    (Yes, I'm dual booting between Windows XP and my HD install of Knoppix 3.7.) But this means I now boot to Windows even more infrequently.

    You may want to check this out.

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Or you could use synaptic & install OO.org 2.0 from Debian unstable.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    57
    You paid to use Open Source software?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Open Source is FREE

    Open Source is by definition FREE.

    It is often supported for a variety of platforms, including Windows.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. Open Office doesn't open in Knoppix 4.0.2
    By scozzese in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
  2. Open Office
    By haloplayer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 08:12 AM
  3. Open office doesn't work
    By duncan069 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 05:28 PM
  4. Open office spellcheck
    By Twib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 08:30 PM
  5. Open Office is in German!
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99