II'm having the same problem, it looks to be an issue with debian forcing dpi in their kdm package, at least that is what the threads I read on their mailing list from 2004 said. Looks like they haven't fixed it yet.
Hello:
I have a problem with the Fonts of my knoppix install in my hard disc. The problem is that the fonts are very small. I modified the file /etc/kde/kdm/Xservers and i add "-dpi 100".
When i execute "/etc/init.d/kdm restart", the system is perfect. But the problem is when i restart and my system have the fonts at 75 dpi.
What can i do for the system start with the fonts at 100 dpi??
my file XF86Config-4
# FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
Thank you.
II'm having the same problem, it looks to be an issue with debian forcing dpi in their kdm package, at least that is what the threads I read on their mailing list from 2004 said. Looks like they haven't fixed it yet.

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00