So windows crashed (big suprise) and i need to save the data on my RAID 0 setup so i can reformat and what not. I just wanted to load KNOPPIX 4.0 and transfer stuff to a USB hard drive but KNOPPIX won't detect the drives on the RAID. I have a Giga-byte P4 Titan GA-8KNXP mobo, and it has hardware raid on the ITE GigaRAID IT8212 chip. I found some stuff that says linux drivers on the giga-byte website but as i have never used linux before and am not much into programming (just a little java experience) I'm very lost as to how to get this working. I have been in other forums and some people claim it should be built into this version of KNOPPIX but others have been doing lots of kernal recompiling mostly for mandrake, can i get this to work with out installing things to harddrives? if i need to i could hook up another drive. basically im open to wahtever as long as i can get my data back and I can be stepped through it since im the eccence of noob. THANKS sooooo mcuh to any who can respond to this!

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58