-
Senior Member
registered user
A Radical Proposal
The time for any reason to install Knoppix to a HD has past.
There are better distros out there for HD install purposes.
Yes I have it installed on my HD. But that was when it was dual kernel. I figured if I couldn't get one kernel to work, I'd use the other one. It was an experiment that happened to work. Thank goodness.
They reasons to install Knoppix to a HD have diminished with time and continue to do so.
Anyway, here is my proposal. Change the HD install section to totally unmoderated. A totally unoffical section.
This section would be supported solely by those who have done a HD install and wish to help others with it.
In other words, you're on your own. If a small number of HD installed folks wish to help out in that section they would be free to do so. I would probably be one of them.
This would free up the official moderators to help other folks with Knoppix Live CD problems.
Putting on my asbestos flame retardant suit before I post this. 
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By malaire in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-29-2005, 05:12 PM
-
By rookworm5 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-08-2005, 06:12 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 01:47 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SolarFlare XtremeScale X2522-25G-PLUS Dual Port 25G SFP28 PCI-E 3.1 x8 NIC FH LP
$899.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99